Would you like to take the next step toward a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) role?
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to help our engineering teams deliver work successfully by removing roadblocks, clarifying technical and business requirements, communicating effectively, and ensuring process is followed consistently for best results.
Your job will consist of four core roles:
- Technical Coach and Communicator
- DevOps Coordinator
- Systems Architect
As ScrumMaster, your objective is to help our engineers do their best work. This involves daily check-ins, writing technical requirements and performance criteria for user stories, clarifying project and business goals, and acting as a liaison between the engineers, product managers, and other business stakeholders to ensure work is delivered on time and as expected.
Technical Coach and Communicator
To succeed in this role you must be great with both verbal and written communications. You are experienced in collaborating with distributed teams, effective in engaging developer interest and respect, and comfortable speaking directly with senior executives and relaying information to non-technical individuals.
As DevOps Coordinator, you will maintain established processes for CI/CD, work with and continually explore new infrastructure and development tools and technologies, and regularly monitor and optimize platform stability for multiple projects concurrently.
Under the guidance and support of our two senior technical partners, you will help to define and design the architecture of the various web and mobile applications in order to fulfill the project requirements. This may include selecting programming languages and practices, documenting database(s), API(s), and business logic, and regularly exploring and advocating for new methodologies based on emerging trends.
Please submit your resume if you believe:
- You speak and write clearly.
- You can communicate with both technical and non-technical team members.
- You’re self-organized and not easily overwhelmed by managing multiple projects at once.
- You’re capable of easily switching between tactical work and strategic work.
- You’ve worked as a computer programmer for at least 2 years, can interpret code, and understand programming fundamentals and best practices.
- You’ve worked with Amazon Web Services, Heroku, and other web services.
- You’ve worked with Git, Pivotal Tracker, JIRA, and other project management tools.
- You understand and can explain the principles of Agile Software Delivery and Lean Product Management.
About The Development Factory
The Development Factory serves B2B and B2C organizations looking to develop and launch or replatform digital products that grow top line revenue or increase operational efficiency.
We deploy whole product teams on a fractional basis (typically over 6 to 18 months) so that our clients can reach their goals more quickly, with less overhead, and no upfront investment in recruitment, tools and processes.
At the end of every engagement, we work with our clients to help insource sustainable talent, product knowledge, and product delivery processes.
1. Embrace Learning as an opportunity and make time for it in your routine.
2. Strive for Excellence by approaching every task with pride and purpose.
3. Choose to honor everything you have and everything to come with Gratitude.
4. Be Freethinking and answerable to your actions and results.
5. Make every effort toward Kindness.
6. Remember that we lose our Balance when we go too far, too fast.
What You'll Love About Us
- Modern creative office space in DTLA.
- Room to chart your own career path.
- An inclusive culture that prioritizes process and innovation and welcomes diversity.
- Health and Dental benefits.
- Five weeks of PTO annually.